Sacramento’s Premier Literary Event
Authors on the Move (R) 2023 marks our 21st year of bringing together distinguished authors and their recently published books for an evening of literary delight. On March 11, 2023 Authors on the Move 2023 will commence at Kimpton The Sawyer at 5:00pm with a champagne reception, hosted by Fizz Champagne & Bubbles Bar, overlooking the Golden 1 Arena and DOCO accompanied by the ambient sounds of one of Sacramento’s most valued community hubs. Our keynote speaker is New York Times Review Editor’s Choice, Angie Cruz and her recently released novel, How Not to Drown in a Glass of Water.
Guests sat down to a gourmet Farm-to-Fork meal prepared by Executive Chef Patrick Prager, paired with local high-quality Wines, and were joined at their table by a recently published author. After the first course, and with the second, authors rotated to a second table and again enjoyed a more intimate conversation with guests. With the main course, a lively auction with unique author experiences was conducted by auctioneer and friend Patrick Hume. With dessert guests enjoyed our keynote author which bookended the evening’s program. Over twenty-five authors participated in our 20th year anniversary event and guests has the opportunity to purchase a signed copy of any or all of our authors’ most recently published book. All books sales for the event are offered through Capital Books.
To inquire about Authors on the Move 2023, call April Javist at 916-836-3556 or email at email@example.com.
Sacramento Literacy Foundation requires that all event attendees be fully vaccinated and “boosted” (if eligible for a booster). Upon arrival, attendees will be required to show proof of their vaccination status along with a driver’s license or state-issued photo ID that matches the vaccine record.
Proof of vaccination can be provided via:
- Physical Vaccination Record Card issued by CDC or WHO
- Photo of Vaccination Record Card on a phone or electronic device
- Digital California COVID-19 Vaccine Record QR code
All attendees will be required to wear a mask except when eating or drinking.
Participating Authors 2022
- Alka Joshi The Secret Keeper of Jaipur
- Anara Guard Like A Complete Unknown
- Tom Lin The Thousand Crimes of Ming Tsu
- Zakiya Dalila Harris The Other Black Girl
- Jasmin Darznik The Bohemians
- Patricia Bracewell The Steel Beneath the Silk
- Claire Booth Fatal Divisions
- James L’Etoile Black Label
- Joe Ide The Goodbye Coast
- R. Franklin James The Inheritance
- A.J. Baime White Lies: The Double Life of Walter F. White and America’s Darkest Secret
- Celia Stahr Frida in America: The Creative Awakening of a Great Artist
- Elizabeth B. Austin Grand Canyon to Hearst Ranch
- Eric Rauchway Why the New Deal Matters
- Jacquelyn Smithson Howard & Sandra O. Smithson From Out of the Shadows
- Kathryn Olmsted The Newspaper Axis: Six Press Barons Who Enabled Hitler
- Lise Pearlman The Lindbergh Kidnapping Suspect No. 1
- Maggie Downs Braver Than You Think
- Mallory O’Meara Girly Drinks: A World History of Women and Alcohol
- Michael Levitin Generation Occupy: Reawakening American Democracy
- Scott Shields Wayne Thiebaud 100: Paintings, Prints, and Drawings
Youth & Children
- Ernesto Cisneros Efrén Divided
- Gayle Pitman Evelyn Hooker and the Fairy Project
- JaNay Brown-Wood Amara’s Farm
- Leticia Ordaz The Carousel King, El Rey Del Carrusel